THERE IS A WAY BACK

Re: THERE IS A WAY BACK

Post by guest »

guest wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:57 pm
Transcription of recording, slightly edited
I don’t think there’s anything dishonest in that statement. It’s just that they’ve turned a vocal recording into something that’s more readable.

However, you are also correct about Vic saying some pretty nasty things about other churches and other church leaders. You’ll probably find that those transcriptions don’t exist, or have been deleted.

Post by guest »

Different guest here...
Here again.

Responding to BreakFree:
It depends on how you see yourself in the situation and your definition of forgiveness.
I would say I am on a journey of repentance, turning to God with a sort of perpetuity. Particularly during the Lenten season, I find myself becoming lower and viewing myself as St Paul described, first among sinners. This isn't a depression or despair, but a weeping for my sins.
Regarding forgiveness, I understand it in its highest form as a sort of unconditional love that was demonstrated in the parable of the prodigal son. When our Lord was on the cross, He prayed for our forgiveness as the good and loving God He is. I may be naive but I remain prayerful and hopeful for a time when that unconditional love can be restored.
Starting at the point of everyone in the cult is brainwashed. While in this state they are not their true self they have taken on a pseudo personality of the cult.
Since leaving BCF I have come to understand the concept of cognitive dissonance quite well. I recall unwittingly falling into this trap myself, and now climbing out feels like you have a new set of eyes. And from this vantage point you can see those you love under the spell of doubling down, particularly when the facts on the ground don't match their perception of reality.

Another guest posted in this thread:
Many parts of the sermon are unclear, leaving the listener to join the dots, so to speak.
How true this is. I remember not being able to put my finger on what made me think the way I did at times, but knowing it originated from a way of preaching. And again.
The reality is that the same ambiguous statements get rolled out week by week, and the listener eventually joins the dots and falls under the spell of the xCF theology.
Responding to Lillith:
An XCF asking for forgiveness will most certainly be told- “if you were really sorry, you would return”; “those are crocodile tears unless you return”; “if you are not on the way back, you are simply demonstrating a religious spirit” etc.
You've confirmed my suspicions, however I remain undeterred in seeking forgiveness even from those who view me as an apostate. As our Lord says, every tree is known by its fruit, and St Paul says the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Amen. Time will tell.

Lastly, the way back to God is not through the xCF. The equivalence made in Colin's sermon that leaving BCF == leaving God is a false one made by a false church without authority. xCF discourages fellowship with other Christians and reading content from other groups because ignorance, not love, is the glue that binds them. With all the talk about ἀγάπη (agape) in recent years, there is a severe lack of the understand of this word and what is looks like in action.

I find in this time the prayer of Manasseh is a most powerful expression of finding a way back to God no matter what has happened or where you have come from. Particularly the final verse:

And now I bend the knee of my heart,
imploring you for your kindness.
I have sinned, O Lord, I have sinned,
and I acknowledge my transgressions.
I earnestly implore you,
forgive me, O Lord, forgive me!
Do not destroy me with my transgressions!
Do not be angry with me forever or store up evil for me;
do not condemn me to the depths of the earth.
For you, O Lord, are the God of those who repent,
and in me you will manifest your goodness;
for, unworthy as I am, you will save me according to your great mercy,
and I will praise you continually all the days of my life.
For all the host of heaven sings your praise,
and yours is the glory forever.
Amen.
+
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

Can someone please confirm if Colin Bourne who spewed out this aforementioned BCF word, is the same person who used to be married to Linda Bourne? Is that correct?
Lillith

Post by Lillith »

Yes
Correct
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

He and Vic have a lot to answer for? The devastation caused to Linda is horrific. To Colin and Vic, how are your actions to come in between husband and wife biblical? Totally evil behaviour Vic. Come and give an account for totally Unbiblical preaching. To the people of BCF…. STOP being so utterly in the dark and blindly stupid worship of this man.