Recent teachings

Lillith

Re: Recent teachings

Post by Lillith »

Thank you too guest, and all other contributors your insights and encouragements.
I listened to the whole diatribe from Vic and Peter - for the first time since I left. I too want to know what my family are hearing.
Like others here, I won’t come under the “naming” of these men.
(I’m not recommending that everyone here listen to this)

I DO however, recommend the first episode of “The Chosen” where “Lilith” is known, loved and called by her real name.
BTW I chose my Streetcar name to defy the mythological, man- invented, “evil personified” female, they named “Lilith”.
Also, in George McDonalds book of the same name, Lilith is redeemed! Such is the nature of our Gods mercy, which endures how long ? …. Forever!
So like Helen P, I too look to God for my naming.

It was horrific hearing Vic’s arrogance and pride in himself as he enjoyed preached “the gospel” - which amounted, in my opinion to a fundamentalist fire and brimstone, horrendous, despicable, blasphemy of the God who is Love (fully agreeing with our last guest).
As usual, a dangerous and toxic “othering” of those who’ve connected their hearts to their heads, and left.
Rich Blessings to all who are drawing close to God, confident that you are His precious, beloved children.
Lily

Post by guest »

”those who’ve connected their hearts to their heads, and left”.
Lilith

This is a very helpful post.

What this quote points out so succinctly is that heart and head are often in a confused state.

This is what controlling leaders deliberately aim for. If you disable a person’s rational thoughts you effectively take them captive or alternatively make a person confess their ‘love’ for a certain doctrine or ideology and you have them trapped.

My prayer is for young minds to stand against such controlling tactics. I think young ones may see this more clearly for the years of indoctrination are less than the previous generation.

How did others connect heart and head?

Post by guest »

Not an easy question to answer.
God Grace, Prayer. Time. Counselling. Support, Reading widely, Retreats, Friendship. . . .
BreakFree

Post by BreakFree »

Hi Guest can you please clarify what you mean?
BreakFree

Post by BreakFree »

I just need to put this out there. The recent teachings are concerning and heretical.

Matthew 12:31 & 32 (ESV)
31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Luke 12:10 (ESV)
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Say what you want about me. Tell everyone that I am operating in my own Law, and am not accepting the present truth, that I am a wolf in sheep's clothing. Blah Blah Blah I've heard it all before.
I am just quoting Jesus directly. These are his words not mine. If you feel a pang of guilt maybe you should pay attention to that. Maybe your conscious is trying to tell you something. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE VIC IS COMMITTING THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN AND IF YOU KEEP PARTACTING OF THAT SO ARE YOU.

one more for good measure.
Psalm 95:7–11 (ESV)
7 For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. Today, if you hear his voice,
8 do not harden your hearts, as at Meribah, as on the day at Massah in the wilderness,
9 when your fathers put me to the test and put me to the proof, though they had seen my work.
10 For forty years I loathed that generation and said, “They are a people who go astray in their heart, and they have not known my ways.”
11 Therefore I swore in my wrath, “They shall not enter my rest.”

Post by guest »

BreakFree wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:18 pm Hi Guest can you please clarify what you mean?
Different guest here. I think the post was in response to the question, "How did others connect heart and head?"

I also agree that it's a difficult question to answer. For me personally, it took quite a while to push past the cognitive dissonance.
Last edited by guest on Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by guest »

BreakFree wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:39 pm I just need to put this out there...
I think you've made some excellent points BreakFree. The reality is, when you attack members of the church, you attack Jesus Himself. The CF theology teaches people to do this. On the most part among the congregation, I think it's done passively, but it's there nonetheless. Going back to the OP, those who have "gone out from us" are not the antichrist.

When reading 1 Jn, Vic plainly reads "the CF presbytery" when he reads "us". And whenever Vic quotes verses about 'loving your brother', he speaks out of both sides of his mouth. His actions do not align with what he says.

Post by guest »

Here is the daily devotional. Comments most welcomed! He really hit's it from the start.

Friday | 19 April 2024

The ministry of the word

The word of Christ, proclaimed by His messengers, is described as a sharp two-edged sword. We note, in this regard, Paul’s description of the word, when he wrote, ‘Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.’ Heb 4:11-13.

The key implication of this description of the word is that it has a polarising effect upon those who hear it. Act 3:22-23. The ministry of the word is accompanied by prevenient grace. It makes a breach upon the heart of a hearer, exposing the thoughts and intents of their heart. At this point, they are granted the opportunity to choose the way that leads to life; that is, it calls them to obey the great High Priest and be delivered to the way of blamelessness and sanctification that leads to eternal life. This place of rest is the fellowship of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for which we are made adequate as Christ priests to us a participation in the fellowship of His offering and sufferings. 2Co 3:5-6.

For many years now, we have been preaching the word for illumination. This ministry is only by the Spirit. It requires an accountable and deliberate departure from former, fleshly modes of communication, which include theological exposition, sensual appeal, and the promotion of righteousness through compliance. Marking the distinction between this ministry of condemnation, and a ministry that illuminates by the Spirit, the apostle Paul testified, ‘For we are not, as so many, peddling the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ.’ 2Co 2:17.

Further Study
2 CORINTHIANS 4

References
Heb 4:11-13
Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Act 3:22-23
For Moses truly said to the fathers, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear in all things, whatever He says to you. And it shall be that every soul who will not hear that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.’

2Co 3:5-6
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the New Covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2Co 2:17
For we are not, as so many, peddling the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ.
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

A Very cutting and divisive word. I’ve been on the end of a couple of CF family conversations recently and the latest word from inside is that “they are coming to the tell the truth to people. If the word is offensive and hurts others, it doesn’t matter as long as they are telling their truth to others”. We have been totally cut off from our families who are inside their CF cult now as I have brought the loving Lord’s word to them, which didn’t go down well with them. I explained that their “present truth” word is ripping Christian families and friends apart. That behaviour is NOT of God. Their response was…that God comes as two edged sword”…. Totally twisting the scriptures!
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

It's terrifying to think that anyone could so eloquently use God's good Word to justify abusive behavior.

Yes there are false teachers and false prophets outside of xCF, but that does not ipso facto make xCF a paragon of truth.

I won't pass judgment here (I leave that to Jesus) but I can't help but be reminded of Isaiah 5:20 NKJV‬:
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
🙏
👋 :ugeek: