Recent teachings

Recent teachings

Post by guest »

Hello, fellow streetcar sojourners.

I want to point out a very recent sermon from Vic that has serious implications for all involved. Vic called all those who have gone out from BCF as the antichrist. No need to join the dots, he just said it plain as day, from the pulpit, taking (supposed) authority from 1 Jn 2:18-19 (NASB).

"Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be evident that they all are not of us."

This is a shocking twisting of the scriptures, at minimum, for the following reasons:
  • Vic has placed himself as an apostle equal to John.
  • He also believes he can take an isolated passage and make it say what he wants, using 'present truth' as an excuse. This is eisegesis, not exegesis.
  • His interpretation of the scripture is false because following through on his teaching requires disobedience to other parts of scripture. In this case, he teaches people to hate their brothers and sisters in Christ.
  • He contrived his own interpretation of antichrist, ignoring the definition that John gave just a few verses later. 1 Jn 2:22 (NASB). "Who is the liar except the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son."
Furthermore, in his letter, John was instructing the people to 'see that what you heard from the beginning remains in you' (1 Jn 2:24). And what was it that they heard from the beginning? John also answers that further down.

1 Jn 3:11-12 (NASB). 'For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we are to love one another; not as Cain, who was of the evil one and murdered his brother.'

For the apostle John, those who had gone out from among them were, or were believing false prophets and had the spirit of antichrist. John gave a test for those who had the spirit of antichrist (1 Jn 4:2). These were the ones who denied that Jesus came in the flesh. Vic would have you believe all kinds of other tests for what the spirit of antichrist is.

Please consider the following:
  • Read the whole book of 1 Jn, removing all BCF filters, and read the text for what it is. Would you also conclude, like Vic, that all who've left BCF are antichrist?
  • Are you okay with Vic calling all those who have left BCF antichrist? Is that what you genuinely believe?
  • For those who have relatives who have left BCF, do you believe those relatives are the antichrist?
  • For those who have left BCF, how do you feel about Vic calling you the antichrist?
  • What about those who are considering leaving? Do you think this may be a tactic Vic is using to make you fearful? Many people have referred to Vic as being a narcissist; narcissists require constant narcissistic supply, and part of that supply is controlling people. This message fits that description like a glove.
  • If Vic genuinely believed that those who've left BCF are the antichrist, he would be going to all the pastors of all the churches where these people have gone, warning them that the antichrist has come to their church. Do you think he is doing this?
Finally, I'd like to point out a key scripture in 1 John that applies here.

1 John 3:14-18 (NASB). "We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers and sisters. The one who does not love remains in death. Everyone who hates his brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life remaining in him. We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers and sisters. But whoever has worldly goods and sees his brother or sister in need, and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God remain in him? Little children, let’s not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth."

Vic is walking in darkness, and he hates various Christian brothers and sisters. There are decades of evidence for this. Please measure what Vic says against a good interpretation of the scripture and the fruit of his life. If you don't, you will take actions for the course of your life that you will eventually regret.

Sorry for such a morbid post, but it's important we understand what is currently being taught at BCF (and, consequently, xCF).
Boundary Rider

Re: Recent teachings

Post by Boundary Rider »

Well done Guest.
You have exposed the evil intent of Vic Hall for what it really is by paying attention to the whole context of Vic's citation of 1 Jn 2:18-19 (NASB). Vic is always the misquoter of scripture to "authenticate" his latest bile.

Your perception of Vic assuming equal Apostolic status with John the Apostle is well made. It now adds to his overweaning pride (Satan's biggest flaw) because from the beginning of his rule over RFI (International) he has assumed equal Apostolic authority with Paul, the Apostle "born out of time", thanks to the miraculous appearence by Jesus to him alone back in the 1970s. This gave Vic his claim to a "Damascus Road encounter" with Jesus.

If he keeps going at this rate who knows how many Apostles he can lay equal Apostolic claim to using Scriptural Authority to back him? It only leaves James, the brother of Jesus, and I seriously doubt that he would want to link up with Thomas (Didymus) "the Doubter" (who also has a disputed "Gospel of Thomas") even though Thomas took Christianity to India, and Vic only crossed the Tasman to New Zealand long before Jesus miraculously appeared to him.

This sermon has all Vic's earmarks of panicking that his numbers (and revenue) are dropping and that those remaining need to be frightened silly about any thoughts of leaving the Christian Fellowships.

Always look for subtexts in anything Vic pronounces.

BR
Helen Pomery

Post by Helen Pomery »

Please consider the following:

Read the whole book of 1 Jn, removing all BCF filters, and read the text for what it is. Would you also conclude, like Vic, that all who've left BCF are antichrist?

Are you okay with Vic calling all those who have left BCF antichrist? Is that what you genuinely believe?

For those who have relatives who have left BCF, do you believe those relatives are the antichrist?

For those who have left BCF, how do you feel about Vic calling you the antichrist?
I can only answer the last question as it applies to me.

This may not be understood by many, but honestly, there is only one opinion I care about!

It is who God says I am, that is true for me.

This was not always the case. When I was excommunicated, I suffered greatly because I was so traumatised, I didn’t know what to believe.

It has taken a great deal of time and God’s wonderful grace to heal me of their slanderous accusations.

All praise, thanks and glory to God, who reigns over this fallen world and protects us from evil.
Do Not fear this mere man.
Fear God, (in the right sense); humble reverence for His sovereignty rules over all.
BreakFree

Post by BreakFree »

Thank you Guest,

While in CF I excommunicated people. Did this sit right with me. No, it troubled me greatly. I told myself all things like these people are the anti-christ to justify my behaviour but deep down I didn't agree with it. It caused much conflict in myself.

Sadly being called Antichrist is one of the more milder insults I have been called by CF Leadership. The words hurt, but they are not truth. I do not have a magical solution to make it hurt any less. I can only offer encouragement from where I have come from. If self esteem is something you really struggle with then surround yourself with people who provide positive affirmation to you. Overtime they kindness will help you see yourself in a different way and while the pain may never go away from the nasty words from CF, it will lessen. Personally I have done much counseling where I have had help to do thought challenging. It is not easy work to challenge long held beliefs about oneself but it is worth it in the long run.

Something I have learnt about cult leaders (This is coming from a psychologist who was trapped in a cult themselves and provide counselling to many cult survivors). They are usually most critical of their failures but project them onto their followers. In this scenario Vic is calling CF Refuges Anti-christ because in actual fact that is what he is.

Post by guest »

Judge for yourself. Listen from about 22:10 in for about 12 mins.

And… trigger warning!!

https://communion.bcf.org.au/Resources/ ... nd%20tares
Thanomere84

Post by Thanomere84 »

Well that video was entertaining and infuriating at the same time. It really seemed like Vic "The Vicious Hall" Hall was literally dissing himself. "Harsh judgments" - that phrase, particularly, leapt out to me.

VICTOR JOHN HALL! HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!

You have torn families apart, caused faithful Christians to question their faith, you have betrayed your friends, co-workers, assistants and disciples, and now you take the stage to preach such bold hypocrisy that it would make even a Pharisee blush?!

Shame on you, Vic!
Faith Hopegood

Post by Faith Hopegood »

Thanks very much to Thanomere and Guest for bringing the twisted teachings of Vic Hall and the Christian Fellowship beliefs out into the open and into the light. In true twisted Vic Hall play book, Vic has redefined “us” as being the Christian Fellowship group and leaders and then goes to cherry pick part of a passage and twist the meaning and to give it a new narrowly redefined BCF meaning. What Vic is teaching is false or a half-truth - which is what makes cults hard to pick sometimes - the half-truth is that yes, Vic is reading a scripture, but only half a scripture and conveniently leaving out the remainder in order to suite his own twisted purposes.

Even a cursory reading of the whole of 1 John 2 brings us down the page to the following verses which clearly explain who the Anti-Christ(s) are:
”Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed)? This is the antichrist [the enemy and antagonist of Christ], the one who denies and consistently refuses to acknowledge the Father and the Son. Whoever denies and repudiates the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses and acknowledges the Son has the Father also.“

‭‭1 John‬ ‭2‬:‭22‬-‭23‬ ‭AMP‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1588/1jn.2.22-23.AMP
Who is the Anti-Christ? The scriptures clearly tell us - It is NOT the people who leave Vic Halls cult, BCF, because they recognise false teachings and cult control. No.

The Anti-Christ(s) are people who deny that Jesus is the Christ. People who deny the Father and the Son.
Vic should go back to school and learn some basic english and latin and greek - anti - means opposed to or against - this opposed to and against Christ and God - pretty simple stuff.

Vic is using the common cult play book of “labelling” all those who leave the CF group as Anti-Christs - even those (who are probably the majority) who definitely still believe that Jesus is the Christ. So Vic is “labelling” all those who have left and still follow Christ as Anti-Christs! Nothing more than the usual cult trick of cultivating fear by using the Us versus Them strategy.

But in true wicked Vic Hall form, Vic is so stupid that he can’t even see his own fault and error and his own false teaching! If you read the whole of 1 John 2 all the way through it is clear that people who do false teachings are in this:
”Children, it is the last hour [the end of this age]; and just as you heard that the antichrist is coming [the one who will oppose Christ and attempt to replace Him], even now many antichrists (false teachers) have appeared, which confirms our belief that it is the last hour. They went out from us [seeming at first to be Christians], but they were not really of us [because they were not truly born again and spiritually transformed]; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out [teaching false doctrine], so that it would be clearly shown that none of them are of us.“
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2‬:‭18‬-‭19‬ ‭AMP‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1588/1jn.2.19.AMP
This passage is clearly speaking about false teachers who oppose Christ.

Sadly Vic Hall has separated and isolated his little group from the remainder of the Christian Church and all other Christians. Vic has set himself up as the final judge and arbiter of truth. Vic has pitted himself against the wider Christian Church and is claiming that believing Christians who no longer attend the Christian Fellowship are Anti-Christs. Vic and the Christian Fellowship allow no other Christians or leaders of Christian churches or theologians to examine his teachings and speak into them to bring corrections to Vic obviously wrong teachings.

No. Vic is using scripture to selfishly serve his own ends. To drive a wedge between believers, to drive a wedge between families, between parents and children in order for Vic and his henchmen to keep complete control over those who remain.

Lets take this a step further - Vic Hall is saying/inferring from the pulpit that believing Christians who have left BCF are now Anti-Christs. Vic is saying that those who love Christ are evil. Vic Hall loves the Old Testament.

Well have a read of Isaiah for some bedtime reading Vic. And while you are reading Isaiah, consider all the drunkeness of the CF and the propensity to drink, consider all those faithful Christians who you now call Anti-Christs, consider that you making bitter statements against sweet loving Christians, consider the bribe that you made to a former Elder that if he paid you a few hundred thousand dollars, you would allow his wife to be restored to him after you deliberately broke up his marriage (and you lost in Court Vic!). Yes Vic, read the words of Isaiah and see what happens to people who teach perverse things.
”Woe (judgment is coming) to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe (judgment is coming) to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever and shrewd in their own sight! Woe (judgment is coming) to those who are heroes at drinking wine And men of strength in mixing intoxicating drinks, Who justify the wicked and acquit the guilty for a bribe, And take away the rights of those who are in the right! Therefore, as the tongue of fire consumes the stubble [from straw] And the dry grass collapses into the flame, So their root will become like rot and their blossom blow away like fine dust; Because they have rejected the law of the Lord of hosts And despised and discarded the word of the Holy One of Israel.“
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭5‬:‭20‬-‭24‬ ‭AMP‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1588/isa.5.20-24.AMP
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

To Faith Hopegood,
Thank you for posting and highlighting Vic Hall’s incorrect and blasphemous teachings. There is a lot to ponder on here in the aforementioned post. Yet again, I am bewildered at the treacherous dealings that Vic engages in, however he still has a large following.
The lawsuits that Vic is involved in, just sounds like something of a mafia underhanded situation. How can a person who “claims to be Christian” hold a bribe over another man’s head to pay $300k to restore his marriage/family?? This is outrageous and illegal!! Do the people of BCF know these facts? I’m literally lost for words.

Post by guest »

The Elijah ministry is vic's new revelation' for "the season we are in." To me, it seems it's the same ol same ol false spewing of everything he has trotted out for years. I did a quick search on the Elijah ministry and one of the first things that came up was "The birth of Elijah Ministry episode 78 of the William Branham historical project!

Just another example (like the shepherding movement) of vic stealing something and making it his own. I wish people would wake up and do a bit of research. Listening (unfortunately) to Andrew Hay plod on and on about chapters 1 & 2 in vics 'new' (ha ha) book.

Post by guest »

Thank you to all who have contributed to this post. Thank you most sincerely to the person who posted such slanderous remarks from Vic’s mouth. We are able to pray and keep praying …..

My heart breaks for such twisted, wicked teaching from God’s Word.

I am grieved that so many believe God condone’s such judgments upon His people.

I weep that a God of love is portrayed in such a way.

The story of Stephen’s stoning was our Sunday sermon.

The sermon had three points:
Christ gives power in life
Christ gives power to speak
Christ gives power in death

The passage is from Acts 6 and 7.
The elders and priests were the ones who blasphemed against Stephen with such hatred, they were gnashing their teeth as they stoned Stephen.

Remember, these are the religious leaders exhibiting such hatred!

May God give us grace and strength to suffer for His name and His glory.